"I would like these seven lean years for the judiciary to be followed by years full of positive changes. I would like us to learn a lesson from these times."
Ewa Ivanova's interview with Iustitia Polish Judges Association President Judge Krystian Markiewicz appeared in wyborcza.pl, and included:
- Who is responsible for the chaos in the courts?
- Who is fighting to restore the rule of law?
- What is Manowska and others, who work in the courts on the basis of appointments after contests conducted with the participation of the illegal neo-KRS, afraid of?
- "No" to a drawing a line under the illegality, that has taken place.
- "Yes" to undoing harmful changes in the bad law and holding renewed competitions, this time transparent and before legal bodies, for positions filled by neo-judges.
"If someone has stolen something, he can't say he won't give it back, because he's already owed it," - Krystian Markiewicz said.